In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the leek and garlic for 4 mins or until the leek is tender. Add the spinach and cook for 30 secs or until spinach wilts. Using a large slotted spoon, scoop the vegetables from the water and transfer to a blender. Cool slightly. Add the Frantoio Medium Olive Oil and ½ tsp sea salt flakes and blend until completely smooth.
Return saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring often, for 8 mins or until tender but still firm to the bite, adding the asparagus and sugar snap peas for the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
Return the pasta mixture to the pan. Add the spinach puree and parmesan and stir to combine. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly and adding some of the reserved cooking liquid as needed to loosen, for 1 min or until parmesan melts. Remove from heat. Stir in the basil, lemon rind and half the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add remaining lemon juice if needed. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with the extra parmesan.
- Serves 4
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- 3 tbsp Frantoio Medium Olive Oil
- 1 large leek, white and pale green parts only, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g Baby Spinach
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, tips cut into 3cm pieces, stalks thinly sliceddiagonally
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan, extra